Here is a recipe for your all-time favorite spaghetti! You may have an idea on how to cook it already, but you can still watch this video to refresh your memory.
Spaghetti is a staple in Italy, but it also became a common dish among Filipino households, especially when there is an occasion. Kids and adults both love this brightly colored pasta dish. It has a sweet, cheesy, and a bit of sour taste that appeals to Pinoy palate.
What did your mom teach you when you cooked this dish for the first time? For many of us, maybe it’s the oil and salt while boiling the pasta noodles. Salt gives the pasta the needed saltiness, they said. While oil is necessary to prevent the noodles strands from sticking to one another. Is there something else your mom reminded you to do when cooking spaghetti? Please let us know by commenting below. Let us learn from one another!
Keep on watching our videos!
- 1/2 kilo of Ground pork
- 4 pcs. Hotdog
- Good for 1 Kilo Spaghetti Sauce
- 150 grams. Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup of Ketchup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- of Salt, 1 tsp. Pepper and Seasoning powder
- 1 big Onion slice mince
- 7 clove Garlic slice mince
- 1/2 of Grated Cheese
- 6 tbsp. Oil for sauté and 4 tbsp. for making pasta oily
- 1 kilo of Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 -3 Liters of water for cooking the pasta
- 1 tbsp. salt for pasta to make salty
- Prepare all the ingredients and chopped onion and garlic.
- Put the 2 tbsp. oil in the pan then wait to be heat.
- Add the slice onion and sauté it well.
- And add slice garlic then sauté it so.
- Add a few slices of hotdog and sauté for a while to get more flavorful before adding the ground pork.
- Add the 1/2 kilo of ground pork and sauté it well.
- Then add the tsp. of salt, pepper and seasoning powder. Then mix it well for 3-5 minutes until pork is soft.
- Add the tomato paste the stir well.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Add the 1/4 cup of sugar, and a tsp. of vinegar
- Then add the remaining slice hotdogs then stir and cook into slow fire
- Lastly add the grated cheese and mix frequently and wait to cook.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
For Pasta Cooking
- Add the 2 liters of water in a swallow pan and put 1 tbsp. Salt.
- Let it boil and add the pasta and cook it for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Then check the pasta if is soft and already cook.
- Mix well using tongs to avoid getting burn from the bottom.
- Boil the pasta according to its label.
- Put in a bowl with running water to cool down and not to get overcook.
- Then strain and drain it well.
- Put oil in pasta to make it oily and not sticky.