These coconut macaroons are great to serve during the coming Christmas holidays! Learn how to make them now!
Coconut macaroons are not the same as the French macaroons you commonly see being sold in malls, but they are related. The latter are a sweet meringue-based confection made with icing sugar, egg white, food coloring, granulated sugar, and almond meal. The former, which we have here, are small cakes or cookies; they are made from coconut or other nuts, such as almonds, as well as sugar. Other flavorings are also added. In this recipe, we added condensed milk and cheese. So nutty and cheesy!
Just like in this recipe, these Pinoy macaroons are distinct with their cake-like texture. But do you know that there are soft and crunchy ones? And they are not always placed in cupcake molders. They can also be presented in bars; they are common in Scotland. Yum!
Ready to make this recipe? Enjoy!
- 2 cups of Coconut (Desecrated Coconut)
- 1/8 cup Butter
- ¼ cup of Grated Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 pcs. Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Condensed Milk
- Small size of Cupcake Molder and paper liner
- Add the butter in mixing bowl then add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the condensed milk then stir until all ingredients are blended.
- Add the coconut and mix until other ingredient in the mixture.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each of the cups then add cheese on top.
- Pre-heat oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
- Bake the Coconut Macaroon mixture for 20 to 30 minutes or until color turns golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy! The Cheesy Coconut Macaroons.