This spicy eggplant stir fry is an easy, flavorful side dish that is great for dinner. Flash fry or pan fry the eggplant just to get them soft. Then, stir fry the eggplant in a spicy sauce made of doubanjiang (fermented broad bean chili sauce/paste).
- 2 tbsp. Chillie paste
- 3 -5 pcs. Eggplants
- 5 pcs. Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 1 pc. Onion and 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt. Pepper and Seasoning granules
- 4 pcs. Calamansi leaves
- 3 pcs. Boiled eggs
- Water for sauce
- Oil for frying
- Fry the eggplant until golden brown. Set aside
- In the cooking pan sauté, the garlic and onions.
- Add the slice calamansi leaves and tomatoes then stir well.
- Add the chillie paste, oyster sauce and seasoned with salt, pepper and seasoning granules. Stir.
- Add the few waters to make it saucy then add the fry eggplant and mix well.
- Serve the chillie eggplant with boiled eggs.