This cordon bleu recipe will be your new favorite! Follow our easy instructions now!
Well, we are telling you in advance. This dish is not blue in color. Cordon bleu, which is also called schnitzel cordon bleu, is made of meat wrapped or filled with cheese, breaded, and pan fried or deep fried. The meat, which is commonly pork, is first pounded and wrapped around a slice of ham, together with cheese. In this recipe, we use chicken breast, not pork.
Do you wonder why this dish is called cordon bleu? These terms mean blue ribbon in French and are applied or used to describe food that is prepared under very high standards. Wide blue ribbons are worn by members of the highest order of knighthood, and they are similar to the ribbons on the apron of a cook. That is the story.
Now, are you ready to make your own great tasting, creamy, cheesy, and delicious cordon bleu? Enjoy!
- 2 kilos of Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 pack of Slice Hams
- 1 pack of Cheese(slice)
- 5 pcs. Eggs
- 2 cups of Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt, Pepper and Seasoning Granules
- 1/2 tsp of Paprika powder
- Plastic wrap for wrapping
- Oil for Frying
For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup of Butter
- ¼ cup of Nestle cream
- ¼ cup of Fresh milk
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- Few of Salt, Pepper and 1 tsp Sugar
- Few of paprika seasoning
- 2 cloves of Garlic (slice mince)
- ½ small Onion (slice mince)
- Curly Parsley Leaves
- Few of Lemon juice
- Slice the boneless chicken breast into fillet.
- Marinate the chicken with paprika powder, salt, pepper and seasoning granules then mix well. Set aside.
- Prepare the plastic wrap to bound the chicken fillet to make it flat.
- Add the slice ham and cheese then roll and wrap it in the plastic wrap.
- Freeze overnight to become hard and easy to coat.
- Prepare the beaten eggs, flour and breadcrumbs then dip the chicken roll into flour, beaten eggs, lastly into bread crumbs.
- Do it for 2 – 3 times to dip into beaten eggs and bread crumbs until coated and big.
- Dip fry the cordon bleu for 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Set aside.
For the sauce:
- Add the butter in the cooking pan, add the onion, garlic then sauté and add flour then stir.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper and fresh milk. mix well.
- Add the paprika powder and stir.
- Add the nestle cream and lasty the chopped parsley. Then stir until become creamy and set aside.
- Serve the Cordon Bleu with Sauce and Enjoy.