This Crispy Fried Kangkong, also known as Kangkong Crisp, is a beautiful crispy recipe for water spinach leaves. This simple, inexpensive, and incredibly tasty Filipino appetizer or snack is ideal for any gathering or celebration. This recipe is straightforward, yet simple but nutritious. It only requires a small amount of time and effort to produce this recipe. This dish is a healthier alternative to chicharon (pork rinds), so if you enjoy them, you might want to give it a try with this vegetable crispy alternative.
- 1 bundle of Spinach
- ¼ cup of Flour
- ¼ cup of Cornstarch
- 1 pc of Egg
- 1 tsp. Salt, Pepper and magic Sarap
- ½ cup of water
- Oil for frying
- Wash and pick the leave of spinach.
- In the big mixing bowl mix the flour, cornstarch, egg, water and salt, pepper and magic sarap then mix it well until dissolve.
- Dip the spinach into butter mixture then deep fry until crispy and cook.
- Serve the crispy spinach with favorite sauce.