A yummy burger with coleslaw is a healthy snack for you and the kids. Learn how to make it in this video!
Aside from the traditional kakanin and desserts, burger is one of the most commonly eaten merienda or snack. It is even a staple food in the United States. An average American can eat three burgers a week, which is equal to around 50 billion burgers a year in total for the whole of America. That’s a lot! We don’t think we have reached that number as Filipinos, but we do love this sandwich. A patty of ground meat placed in buns and topped with cheese, lettuce, ketchup, mayonnaise or whatever dressing you love-that’s a burger.
What makes this recipe different is that we are not putting lettuce in. Instead, we will have coleslaw or finely shredded raw cabbage. Healthy, isn’t it?
This is a must try, especially for the kids. Try this recipe now!
- 1/2 kg ground pork
- 1 tbsp salt1, tsp pepper and 1 tsp seasoning powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter for frying
- Burger buns
- Slice cheese for toppings (optional)
- ¼ cup of Mayonnaise for Dressing Sauce
- ¼ cup of Ketchup for dressing Sauce
- Coleslaw salad for toppings
- In a mixing bowl mix ground pork, add the salt, pepper, seasoning granules and flour. Mix well
- Take around 2 tbsp of meat mixture and shape into ball and flatten like a fatty burger. Set aside.
- Pan fry with butter, cook 3 minutes each side in low fire, 1 minute before cooking time put the slice cheese on top and wait until melt. Remove it
- In another pan heated add butter and toast the burger bun both sides.
- Mix the mayonnaise and ketchup for burger sauce.
- Arrange and garnish the home-made burger.
- Serve with your family. Enjoy!