This crispy adobo sardine recipe will blow your mind away! Who would have thought that what they call the poor man’s sardines can be given a makeover as a dish? Find out how in this video!
If you think that you have done all the recipes you know for a sardine, you have not seen this video yet. Yes, your sardines can be made extra flavorful! You can see here that we removed the sardines from the sauce and coated them with the flour, salt, pepper, seasoning, water and egg mixture. This will make them crispy when fried. Don’t throw the sauce; we will use it for the adobo part.
In cooking the adobo sauce, it’s like you’re making adobo, except that it is just sauce and you have sardine sauce added. When done, put the sauce on a plate and top it with your crispy sardines. And that’s how easy it is!
For more innovative recipes, please subscribe to this channel. Happy watching!
- 2 pcs. Sardines
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1 tbsp. Sugar, 1 tsp. Salt, Pepper and Seasoning Granules
- ¼ cup of Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup of Vinegar
- Oil for frying and sauté
- 1 pc. Egg, Bay leaf and Chilli (optional)
- ½ of Water
- Slice Onions, Garlic and Ginger
- Prepare and cut all the ingredients.
- Separate the sardines from the Sauce and set aside.
- In a bowl mix half of flour, a little amount of salt, pepper, seasoning granules, egg and water to make batter. Mix well
- Dip the sardines in batter mixture and coat with the remaining flour and fry until crispy brown. Then set aside
For Adobo Sauce
- Heat the pan with oil and sauté ginger, garlic for 20 seconds.
- Add the slice onion and sauté well. Add chilli and bay leaf.
- Add the sardine’s sauce, soy sauce, vinegar.
- Seasoned with sugar, salt, pepper and seasoning granules.
- Mix well and wait to cook the adobo sauce.
- Pour over crispy fried sardines and Serve while hot. Enjoy