Ginataang tulingan is an all-time favorite dish! Learn how to cook it in this video!
Whether you are earning barely enough, just enough, or more than enough, you have probably tried eating this Pinoy specialty. Or you have probably craved for it several times. Those who grew in rural areas would always look for it whenever they reside in an urban place. There is something in this dish that will remind you of your mom, lola, your lola’s earthenware, your old house and many more. Ginataang tulingan seems to trigger memories!
This dish can be described as a braised fish. Tulingan or skipjack or mackerel tuna is a saltwater fish that is common in the Philippines. Ginataang tulingan is a version of sinaing na tulingan, except that coconut milk is used for a creamy texture. We added eggplant in this recipe because they complement well! Delicious!
- 1 Kilo of Already Cook Sinaing na Tulingan
- 2 Cups of Pure Coconut Milk (2 small of Niyog)
- 3 pcs. of Eggplant
- Cook only the ginattang tulingan in medium flame of fire.
- Add the slice eggplant and cover it then cook for another 5 minutes until the eggplant is cook well.
- Then add the 2 cups of pure coconut milk and cook for 3 – 5 minutes until to become slightly dry and oily what I mean is become palatik.
- Served with white rice. Enjoy