Enjoy merienda time with a great cheese bread pudding! Learn the recipe here!
Cheese breads or cheese buns are a favorite in Filipino bake shops or bakeries. These cheese-flavored rolls or buns are really a crowd pleaser! Their taste, that cheesiness, appeals to many. Flour, milk, butter, and eggs are used to make them, and they are added with cheese as toppings or fillings. On the other hand, pudding saves any bread from going to waste. Although it can be either sweet or savory, most Pinoy pudding is sweet. It is usually served as dessert or as merienda.
This recipe combines both types of bread: cheese bread and pudding. Not that we used leftover cheese bread but we will put a lot of cheese on it! Another interesting thing with this recipe is that we will not bake it in the oven. Instead, it will be baked under fire. No worries if you got no oven in the house! Ready to make this pudding? Enjoy!
- Leftover Bread (Pandesal, Loaf Bread)
- 3 pcs egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 grated cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Bake pan with paper wax and foil for cover
- Grease the round pan with oil and put the wax paper inside of it.
- Cut the left-over bread into pieces and put in round pan with wax paper. Set aside
- In a clean mixing bowl beat the eggs, add the evaporated milk, condensed, add the vanilla essence and half portion of grated cheese. Mix well
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the bread in round pan.
- Let it soak for 2 minutes and add grated cheese on top then cover of foil.
- Heat the pan for 10 minutes and put in low fire only.
- Baked the bread pudding for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve. Enjoy