This pineapple bread cake pudding may sound difficult to do, but this is a no-bake recipe! You can surely make it at home!
Making bread pudding is a great way to utilize leftover bread. Nothing should go to waste when you are resourceful! This bread-based dessert is popular in the Philippines. Although the bread used is usually from the day before or more, it is so tasty! Who would have thought that stale bread with milk and eggs will be a great combination? Pudding can be sweet or savory. Of course, in our country, the sweet one is the most common. You can get it by soaking the bread in the liquid ingredients and baking it afterwards.
In this recipe, we put extra flavor by adding pineapple slices, thereby the name pineapple bread cake pudding. We also add grated cheese as toppings. The great thing about this recipe is that you need no oven. Instead, we use low fire. SO if you have no oven, worry no more. This recipe is for you! Try it now!
- Leftover Bread (Pandesal, Loaf Bread)
- 3 pcs egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 grated cheese for Toppings
- Slice pineapple
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Bake pan with Paper wax and Foil for cover
- Grease the round pan with oil and put the wax paper inside of it.
- Put brown sugar and spread it. Arrange pineapple slice and set aside
- Cut the left-over bread into pieces and put on top of pineapple slices.
- In a clean mixing bowl beat the eggs, add the evaporated milk, vanilla essence and condensed milk. Mix well
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread in round pan.
- Let it soak for 2 minutes, put grated on top for toppings and cover of foil.
- Heat the pan for 10 minutes and put in low fire only.
- Baked the bread pudding for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve. Enjoy