Leche Flan is the top dessert in the Philippines. The dining table won’t be complete without it especially during celebrations such as parties and town fiestas. I remember the Leche Flan that my Lola Belen makes when I was still living in Las Pinas. It really tasted so rich and heavenly. Everyone in our clan always request her to prepare it during special occasions. I’m lucky because my wife knows how to do a good one too. This is actually her recipe. If I did it my way, you might be having Leche Flan that tastes like Egg Pie instead.
- 10 pcs. eggs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- White sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Grated Lemon peel
- Put the sugar into mold (llanera) then put on top of the stove and heat using low fire until dissolve.
- Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold
- Using all the eggs, separate the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
- Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then add the evaporated milk and condensed milk and mix thoroughly
- Add the Vanilla and grated lemon peel. Mix well
- Strain the leche flan mixture in 2 to 3 times.
- Pour the leche flan mixture on the molder.
- Cover the top of the mold using an Aluminum foil
- Steam the leche flan for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate
- Serve for dessert. Share and Enjoy!