Chicken Adobo is a straightforward adobong manok recipe wherein chicken pieces are cooked using the inadobo method without marinating the ingredients. This is my basic method in cooking adobo. It is what I always refer to when cooking this dish on a busy day.
- 1 kilo Chicken
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt, magic sarap and Pepper
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 pc. Onion
- Oil for sauté
- Wash and Cut the Chicken. Set aside.
- Cut the onion and garlic.
- Sauté the Garlic and Onion let the garlic burn just a little bit to add more flavor.
- Add the Chicken and stir well.
- Add the seasoning with laurel, salt pepper and magic sarap.
- Add the water, sugar, Soy Sauce and vinegar. Cover and boil.
- Stir until to cook.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy