Sisig sardine is a dish that you might have not expected from the humble sardines. But it is possible! Learn how to make it in this video!
Sisig is a very famous crispy Kapampangan dish! You have surely tasted one before. It is made from parts of pig head or chicken liver, seasoned with onions, calamansi, and chili peppers, and topped with egg. Nowadays, with the advocacy for a healthy living, some variations replace pig’s face with something healthy like tofu. There are also some restaurants specializing in mushroom sisig. Whatever the “meat” in it, sisig is meant to satisfy our taste buds with its umami flavor.
In this recipe, we will use a “meat” that you will not expect to be used in this kind of dish-sardines. The cooking procedure is the same, except that you will not boil, broil, and grill any meat.
Are you ready to try this? Enjoy!
• 2 pcs. Sardines
• 2 pcs. Calamansi
• 2 -3 cloves slice Garlic
• ½ tsp. Salt and Few Pepper
• 1/8 cup of Knorr seasoning liquid or Soy Sauce
• 1 tbsp. Oil for Sauté
• 1 tbsp. Butter for sauté
• Small amount of Ginger
• 1 big Slice Onion
• Chili finger Sliced
• 1 pc. Egg
• Few amounts of Mayonnaise
1. Remove the sauce from the sardines and set aside.
2. Heat the pan, add oil and butter. Add the chopped ginger,garlic, and half portion of onion. Then sauté for 1 minutes.
3. Add the Sardines and stir well, seasoned with salt, pepper and knorr seasoning liquid.
4. Add the half of slice chili finger and stir until cook and dry.
5. Let it reduce and removed from the heat, lastly add the egg, top with mayonaise, chopped onion and slice chili finger.
6. Serve with soy sauce, calamansi and chili red.