Lighten up everyone’s mood with this special buko salad recipe! It will make everything sweet and awesome! You already know what this is. You have seen it during birthday parties, fiestas, Christmas eve, New Year’s eve, and everything that calls for a celebration.
Buko salad is a special dessert for Filipinos. This fruit salad is made from strips of young coconut (or buko in Tagalog), fruit slices (which can be apple and usually from a can of fruit cocktail), cheese, sweetened or condensed milk, and cream. We also love cheese in it.
So what makes a buko salad extra to the taste? It is when we add more kaong and nata, right? Remember when you would sneak in to get several pieces of them while your mom is busy? They make the salad more colorful and give it more texture. And this special buko salad recipe is all about what is already described. So try it now!
- 1 kilo 0r 10 pcs. of Young Coconut Meat
- 1 pc. Apple (slice cubes)
- 1 pc. Cheese (slice cubes)
- 3 pcs. Nestle Cream
- 2 pcs. Big can Condensed Milk
- 1 big can of Fruit Cocktail (Remove juice)
- 1 bottle of white Nata De coco
- 1 bottle of White Kaong Fruits
- 1 bottle of Red Nata de Coco
- Pour the condensed milk and nestle in the mixing bowl then mix well.
- Add the coconut meat, fruit cocktail, red and white nata de coco, white kaong fruit, cheese and apple. Mix well
- Refrigerate the buko salad before to serve.
- Serve and Enjoy the Special Buko Salad