Let us get productive with this special cassava flan recipe! Watch our video now!
Leche flan and cassava cake are two favorite desserts of many, especially those with sweet teeth. Who would not love them? They are both sweet and delicious, and they are traditional kakanin or delicacies in the country. Leche flan is our version of creme caramel or caramel flan or caramel pudding. Cassava cake is made from grated cassava mixed with milk and topped with cheese. Both of them are served during festivities, and you can buy them from different stalls in the market.
This recipe combines these two desserts to come up with an easy, affordable but yummy treat. Special cassava flan tastes more like cassava cake but with egg and caramelized top. It is superb! Those who don’t want too much sweetness will like this kakanin. It is less sweet than leche flan.
Ready to do this recipe? Enjoy!
- 2 kilos of Cassava Root (kamoteng kahoy)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 small can evaporate milk
- 3 pcs. Eggs
- ¼ cup of Melted Butter
- Sugar (for caramel)
- Cheese for toppings
- Squeeze tightly the grated cassava to remove the cassava juice.
- Mix the grated cassava with eggs. Melted butter, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Mix well
- Heat 1 tbsp sugar until it caramelized and turned into golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared llanera mold.
- Arrange into steamer and steam for 40-50 minutes or until almost firm.
- Serve with grated cheese on top.