Lechon pork belly with sauce is something you will want to serve on Christmas eve! Learn how to make it now!
Lechon is a thing during gatherings and celebrations. It makes the occasion more special! However, not everyone can afford to buy this savory dish. It comes with a price in many areas, except if you have your own suckling pig to roast. Another challenge is you need time to have those crispy crackling skin ready.
Worry no more! This easy lechon pork belly with sauce recipe will allow you to taste the goodness of lechon at home even without a special occasion. It also has become a trend nowadays. People are selling ready to cook lechon pork belly. But you can do it yourself actually. All you need is our pork belly and seasonings. Although we use a turbo oven here, you can opt to fry instead if you do not have one at home.
This will be super delicious! Try it!
- 2 kilos of Pork Belly Whole
- 2 liters of Water for boiling
- 2 – 3 pcs. Lemongrass
- Bay leaf, 1tbps. Salt, 1 tsp. Pepper and Seasoning Granules
- 1 pc. Green Chili
- ¼ cup of Fish Sauce
- 3 pcs. Onions
- 30 grams of Ginger
- 5 cloves of Garlic
Ingredients for Sauce:
- Slice Onions and Garlic
- 1 tsp. Sugar, ½ tsp. Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup of Soy sauce
- 1/8 cup of Vinegar
- 2 pcs. Red Chili
- Blend the green chili, onion, ginger, lemongrass, garlic.
- Add few salt, pepper and seasoning granules into food processor.
- Then blend it well and set aside.
- Make a pocket in pork belly in one side only and stuffed of blended mixture ingredients.
- Heat the pan and seared the skin of pork belly.
- Add the water, bay leaf and remaining salt, pepper and seasoning granules.
- Add fish sauce and cover to boil. Until the pork is soft and Set aside.
- Preheat the turbo oven and roast the boiled pork belly until golden crispy skin.
Instructions for Sauce:
- Slice mince the red chili.
- In the mixture soy sauce and vinegar. Add the slice onions, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Chop the Lechon Pork Belly and Serve with Sauce and enjoy!