This special macaroni salad can be your family’s Christmas treat. Learn how to make it now!
Macaroni salad is actually a type of pasta salad, which is made of cooked elbow macaroni mixed with mayonnaise. It is often served cold just like how potato salad or coleslaw is. This salad can be eaten as a side dish to fried food. However, in the Philippines, it is considered a dessert.
Compared to other variations, the Pinoy version of macaroni salad has a mildly sweet flavor. This is due to the addition of cheese and some fruits, such as pineapple. We also put in raisins. The western version usually has onions, pepper, and celery, but it is normally not included in ours. However, we use them in this recipe. We also add cubed or shredded chicken. Yum!
It will be easy to do. Prepare to make your special macaroni salad now!
- ½ of kilo Macaroni Pasta(cook)
- ¼ kilo Chicken breast(cook)
- 1 pc. small Carrot(dice)
- 2 tbsp. of Sweet Relish Pickles
- ¼ cup of Cheese(dice)
- ½ cup of Nestle Cream
- ½ cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Sugar, ½ tsp. Salt and Pepper
- 1 pc. Small Onion(mince)
- ¼ cup of Raisin
- 1 pack of Pineapple(tidbits)
- Boil the pasta and chicken breast with salt and cut into cubes. Set Aside
- In the bowl with pasta add the chicken, onion, carrot, sugar, salt, pepper, pineapple tidbits, raisin, pickles, cheese, nestle cream and mayonnaise. Mix well
- Refrigerate an hour before to serve.
- Serve and Enjoy. The Special Macaroni Salad