Kare-kare is a special dish that every Pinoy loves. No fiesta will be complete without it! Try this recipe now!
Kare-kare is stew, which is paired with a thick savory peanut sauce. A variety of meat can be used to cook this dish. It can be pork, calves feet, oxtail, beef, or tripe. It can also be made using seafood or vegetables. What makes this dish distinct is the peanut sauce. The flavor from ground roasted peanuts gives that extra savory taste. Sometimes, especially when in rush or no roasted peanuts are available, peanut butter can be used.
When it comes to specialty dishes, this one is among those that are difficult to perfect. But, with a great recipe, nothing is impossible. So why not follow this recipe now? Enjoy!
• 1 pc of Banana Blossom (Slice)
• 1 bundle of String Beans
• 2 bundles of Pechay
• 2 pcs. Eggplants (Slice)
• 2 tbsp. Fish Sauce
• 1 tbsp. Sugar, 1 tsp Salt, ½ of Pepper and Seasoning Powder
• ¼ cup of Crushed Peanuts
• 2 pcs. Onions (Slice)
• 7 cloves Garlic (Slice)
• 1 pack of Kare – kare Mix
• 3 cups of Rice Water
• Oil for Sauté
1. Prepare and slice of Ingredients and set aside.
2. In the pre-heated pan with oil add the garlic and crushed peanut then sauté.
3. Add the slice onions then stir well. Then add the rice water.
4. Add the 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp of pepper and seasoning powder and add the 2 tbsp of fish sauce then stir well.
5. While boiling add the kake- kare mix and mix well.
6. Use strainer to get solid ingredients.
7. Use blender to refine the kare kare sauce
8. Then back into cooking pan and cook in medium flame.
9. Stir until creamy and saucy then set aside.
1. In the boiling water add the 1 tbsp of salt.
2. Then soak the vegetables for more than 3 minutes until soft then set aside.
3. Serve the vegetable with kare – kare sauce and alamang.